A lesson in selflessness  

Posted by Sarah Forbes in

When I was pregnant with my first son, a wise mother of five told me that you don't realize how selfish you really are until you have children. When a baby is born he is helpless, incapable of doing anything for himself. Sometimes it seems that the little baby is an energy sucking machine. And just when you think you have nothing else ot give, he needs cared for again. It truly is a test of selflessness for the parent. I didn't understand what she meant back then. I did not think I was a selfish person. But I find myself face to face with my own self-serving desires every day. She was so very right.



This entry was posted at Monday, October 10, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment